It is great honor for us to share the successful report of UMOJA TOT Training report.
I think there are many organizations who are doing good work. So why are we doing this? I think God has called us to facilitate our community, to have a diverse impact. We visited these needy areas, we teach, inspired and motivate people to be the transformational agent in their society. Because God has called us to reach these people with his transformational spirit and love. We are thankful to our God that we are working according to the vision of UMOJA. I must say it is an exciting and transformational church and community initiative. It helps church leaders and their congregations to work together with the local community to bring about positive change for the whole community.
JECUP organized Umoja TOT “Training of Trainers” program with 19 trainees from local church Pastors, Leaders and Community members, with support of TEARFUND on March 23, 24, 2019 at Pakistan Assemblies of God Church , Yousaf Nager SheraKot, Lahore.
We Teach andTrained 19 Participants of 8 churches.
Name of Church
- Najaf Colony
- 60 foot Road church
- Yousaf Neger Lahore
- Angina Colony Church
- Sandha Church
- Abbo Bakar Street Church
- Steel Mall Church
- Assembles of God Church Sherakot
- self esteem
- sustainable change
- improved community relationships
- physical changes: such as better health, sanitation, food security and incomes.
- ‘Umoja has made us realize ourselves, we are not poor, we actually have a lot of resources’
- To train specific group of UMOJA Trainees for leading others & helping local churches and communities build on the resources and skills they already have.
- become a positive influence in community life
- build relationships with people outside the church
- identify and utilize their own resources more effectively
CONTENTS OF TOT UMOJA
The five stages of Umoja TOT are mentioned below:
- Local church envisioning
- Local community envisioning
- Dreaming dreams and planning for action
- Taking action
The TOT program consisted of 5 different sessions out of which 3 of them were with practical group exercises. Two groups were formed and each group was allowed to select its own project, discuss it and then come up with consensus to the introduction session. During the group presentations, real and important discussions and experience was shared between participants. They were also required to share critical and supportive comments/suggestions about the presentations from the rival group. Trainers also commented on the performance of both the groups.
It was ensured that those running the workshop are familiar with the Umoja process and its supporting guides so that they can respond to concerns and questions from participants.Also, workshops were made lively and fun so that it captures the spirit of Umoja and therefore inspire them to support it. Hence, plenty of energizers and group discussions were arranged.
NOs OF PARTICIPANTS:
Total 19 participants attended this training that were active church members and influencers in community.
Following facilitators were in TOT UMOJA and facilitated above mentioned contents.
- Pastor Zeeshan
- Pastor ArifMasih
Facilitators were fully equipped having good facilitating skills. They delivered essential knowledge&demonstrated practical ways to accomplish the desired goals.
- After this training in the churches, We gave vision for the development of the church and community.
- The church pastors told us: “Why didn’t you start with this? This is what we want to do. By showing us how to work with the whole community, you are showing us how to share our burden with other!”
- Enabled to assist facilitation and leading role in local churches for the implementation of UMOJA tools.
- Enable the participants to live and work in the community and build strong relationships of trust among them.
- Church leaders with integrity and increased motivations.
- Can help to ensure that the church remains engaged in the process of community uplifting.
- Gain the skills that can benefit both the church and the community.